Tuesday, November 28, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY




Today is my "little" sister's 50th birthday. We have an oft-told family story about how she was named. My mom's name is Lil, dad is Gil and I am -- yes, groan -- Jill.
My parents were pushing for perhaps Phyllis (Phil). But as a bossy and Peter Pan-obsessed preschooler, I insisted on Wendy and they relented -- smartly (to my mind at least) and putting a cap on the "ill" family.

The photos are of my sister and her three great kids, taken this summer when we all went biking in Jim Thorpe, Pa.

Happy Birthday, Wendy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha oh boy
Mom's doing the best she can with half a century under her belt
Brianna and I showed this too her and she laughed "oh my god, oh no"
Snazzy little website you got here..
Those are some extremely attractive children in those pictures, haha.