Friday, March 16, 2007

Cover of White

For the past week, I've been in Philadelphia. After a year-long illness, my father died last Thursday night and I haven't begun to find the words to blog about it. Two days ago, it was 80-degrees here and it was easier on everyone, especially my mom, to think of him in the ground, spring with its promise of rebirth on the way.


Today, a late season ice and snowstorm hit the East Coast and we are all together in my sister's house in the northern suburbs. My California kids are thrilled for the beautiful snowed-in experience. There's a lazy, cozy feel, but also something unspoken. We are all aware of the extra finality of a grave being pelted by ice and covered with a 5-inch wet, heavy blanket of white.





The pictures show my sister's lovely home and grounds and also Alex and Brianna (13 years apart but two of a kind) engrossed in a computer game.

No comments: