Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Deep in the Heart

Here I am in San Antonio for the Texas Library Association Convention. My talk -- writing about kids with special needs -- takes place early tomorrow. I'm especially looking forward to meeting a co-panelist Matt de la Pena, who wrote a novel that combines foster care, basketball and OCD disorder, my kind of characters.
Fresh off the plane, I walked and walked this afternoon and into the evening. San Antonio is a great strolling town, especially in April when the temperature is mild with a touch of coolness. The last time I was here, it was June and 100-degrees of non-stop sun. Better this time.

I'm staying in this great hotel called the Emily Morgan. Open the curtain and here's the view:


Yes, it's the Alamo, laden with tourists yet still chillingly evocative. The Alamo at night


Some baby mallards along River Walk. Tomorrow, I'll have time for a longer walk and more pictures.

1 comment:

Nancy Redwine said...

Hi sweetie,
Looks like fun. Rain here, finally.
I love the vicarious pleasures I find here at your blog. Thank you.