Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Favorite Books about Foster Kids -- HELP!








Next week, I'm traveling to San Antonio for the Texas Library Association convention. I'm really excited to be on a panel with some interesting writers (Diane Gonzales Bertrand, Lee Byrd and Matt de la Pena) to talk about writing for and about kids with special needs and disabilities. I've been asked to put together a recommended list of children and young adult titles that deal with foster care (in addition to my own).
I get asked that a lot and have been intending to post such a list for awhile.

The Great Gilly Hopkins, of course.


And Where I'd Like to Be and Ruby Holler.







But please, help! I'd love to create an extensive and interesting list that will be helpful to teachers and librarians. Give me your suggestions that include books for all ages.

1 comment:

Project 21,000 said...

I invite you to visit www.Dovesidepromotions.org Here you will find three books that I believe will assist you with you library.