Friday, January 12, 2007

Branching Out


After making countless socks and scarves, I decided to tackle a new knitting project -- lace for the first time. I'm intimated, but my local yarn shop guru assures me that it's fairly straightforward and incorporates all the most common increase and decrease techniques. It will be especially challenging, since I'll be following a chart for much of it. Being a "word" person, I'm more comfortable with written directions.

If you want to knit along, you can find the chart on the web site of my favorite local knitting store:

For written directions: www.knitty.com. Click on archive and in the pattern file, enter the name of the scarf, which ironically for my first lace experience, is called Branching Out.
I've uploaded a photo of the completed scarf from Knitty. I'm working with a silk-mohair mix in dark blue with highlights of yellow, red and orange.
Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goody. You've got a friend in San Jose with a blocking board when you're ready to borrow it.